DRAMA GAMES Workshop Black Stripe Theatre
To introduce drama to students in a fun way.
To build up team work and creative skills.
To play a variety of games – circle, interrogation, words & action and storytelling
To advance individual talents and encourage competitiveness.
Intro (approx 10 mins)
- Explain purpose of the workshop and what is required in terms of behaviour and commitment.
- Share information about the process of the workshop.
Warm-up & Team Building Games (approx 50 mins)
- Play a plethora of games including: icebreaking, familiarity, focus, energy, storytelling, improvisation games and many more, more!
Sharing of work – Devised piece for performance (approx 20 mins)
- Break into small groups. Each group explores and shows a short section of improvised work.
Feedback and Advice (approx. 10 mins)
- Hear feedback from the group on what their observations & discoveries.
- Finish with a group focus exercise.