Shakespeare Workshop Black Stripe Theatre
To gain a better understanding of Drama and Shakespeare
To build up team work and creative skills
To explore Shakespeare’s words and text to create a performance.
To understand Shakespeare’s verse
Intro (approx 10 mins)
- Explain purpose of the workshop and what is required in terms of behaviour and commitment.
- Share information about the process of the workshop
Warm-up & Team Building Games (approx 20 mins)
- Brief physical and vocal limber – explain why it’s important to warm-up and focus before any exercise or performance.
- Drama Games using Shakespeare’s language to focus, relax and energise
Owning the Text – Vocal and Physical awareness (approx 20 mins)
- Using a monologue from Shakespeare, explore voice, intention, and how to handle the verse
Sharing of work – Shakespeare scenes for performances (approx 30 mins)
- Break into small groups. Each group explores a short Shakespeare scene and perform it to the group.
Feedback and Advice (approx. 10 mins)
- Hear feedback from the group on what their observations & discoveries.
- Finish with a group focus exercise.